Interesting posts and other things that have caught my eye this week. It isn’t actually everything, since I didn’t want to kill myself copy-pasting, so for the entire link collection check out my Delicious page.
And now, I present to you, my readers: Awesome Post Full of Links #4: September 20-26!
Books in General
- Book Covers, Beautiful Book Covers | Rotating Corpse
A selection of really wonderful covers of “vintage dust jackets of supernatural, fantasy, western, adventure and mystery novels” from Violet Books.
- Reading the Past: A visual preview of the spring season, part one
Pretty cover shots of some historical fiction books being published in early 2010. Some of them look really good!
- Listed: Arthurian Legend in Fiction | Once Upon A Bookshelf
Not everything, but some good ones.
- The Heart is a Lonely Vampire Hunter / Tor.com
Have fun with PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIE ripoffs by creating your own. For instance, “A Beanstalk Grows in Brooklyn.”
Authors & Publishers
- Give Us Links Or We Won’t Sell Your Books: Really? – mediabistro.com: GalleyCat
“Retailers may well have a right to refuse to carry books by authors who aren’t going to send them business in return, but it could also be true that authors should feel free to only give those referrals to vendors they feel have earned their trust.”
- New Kids on the ‘Blog’: Promoting New Book Blogs « Book, Line, and Sinker
Discussion on how to best promote new bloggers (and why promoting those bloggers is a good thing).
Nifty New Blog(ger)s!
- The Heart is a Lonely Reader
YA and adult boo reviews, plus fun discussion posts and even a giveaway or two!