I was tagged (…back in February) by Alison of The Cheap Reader to do a questionnaire-type thing! Yay!
She asked me (and the other people she tagged…in February) the following questions:
1. What’s one book that you wish you could make everyone read?
Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones! It seems like every DWJ newbie starts with Howl’s Moving Castle (which is v. fabulous of course) and then they don’t read anything else. The Chrestomanci books are my favorite DWJ books EVER and Charmed Life is so good! So I wish more people would read it.
2. What book(s) are you a bit embarrassed to say you’ve never read?
I don’t think I’d ever be embarrassed to have not read a book, but…maybe the last three Harry Potter books. I DO plan on rereading/finishing the series once I get moved into my new place, though! (Note: my original answer was The Hunger Games, but between writing this post and publishing it, I’d already read it. Ha!)
3. Are there any books that book blogging has turned you on to that you never would have read before?
Classics! Specifically classics that I wasn’t exposed to/forced to read in college. Anthony Trollope comes to mind– I only read two of his books because of the Classics Circuit.
4. If you had to be stuck on a deserted island, what 5 books would you bring with you?
I waffled a lot on this question, but: The Lives of Christopher Chant (for variety), Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell (because it’s huge), The Three Musketeers (because it’s huge and I haven’t read it yet), Foucault’s Pendulum (it’s huge and I haven’t read it and it looks interesting), and Pippi in the South Seas (for fun).
5. What’s your favorite series?
Ongoing series, or…? The Chronicles of Chrestomanci is, obviously, my favorite series always and forever. My favorite ongoing series is probably the Skulduggery Pleasant series, even if I’m way behind on it now.
7. What’s your favorite stand alone book?
I haven’t reread it in ages, but it’d probably still be The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte.
8. What book would you want to magically transported into?
Howl’s Moving Castle! I think it’d be fun to live there, especially if you could do magic.
9. What character(s) would you want to be best friends with? Why?
Harriet from Harriet the Spy. She’s spunky! I think she’d be fun to hang around with on the weekends or whatever. And I wouldn’t even try to read her notebook!
10. What’s next on your to read list?
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness, because I need to finish reading the trilogy.
So according to the rules I have to ask 10 other people questions and stuff, but…I think almost everyone I’m comfortable tagging has been tagged already? So, I won’t! Sorry.(?)