It’s my birthday! So of course I turn to books for comfort and joy. I gathered my entire Diana Wynne Jones collection together to prep for DWJ month in March, and that made me think of other favorite books.
To be put on this list a book needed to be a) something I remember reading and b) something that heavily influenced some point of my life.
So here it is! There’s more books that could be added, of course, but I think 25 is a good amount. No links, because today is a lazy day.
1. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
2. Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones
3. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
4. Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
5. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
6. Nation by Terry Pratchett
7. Orlando by Virginia Woolf
8. The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez Reverte
9. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
10. Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry
11. The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
12. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
13. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
14. Bloomability by Sharon Chreech
15. Blubber by Judy Blume
16. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
17. The BFG by Roald Dahl
18. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
19. The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (along with The Egypt Game, really)
20. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
21. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
22. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
23. So You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane Duane
24. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
25. Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Are any of these books on YOUR favorites list? What books have been formative in YOUR life?