I saw this over at She Is Too Fond of Books and thought it looked fun! I made a couple of changes, though.
5 books I’ve read recently
1. The Crown of Dalemark by Diana Wynne Jones. The last of the Dalemark quartet, and it’s one of those books that make me go OMG! SO AMAZING. Ugh, I love it so much!
2. The She-Hulk Diaries by Marta Acosta. Makes me want to read/reread all the She-Hulk comics.
3. A Bad Day for Sorry by Sophie Littlefield. I didn’t expect to enjoy this book as much as I did! Who knew menopausal thugs-for-hire could be so cool?
4. Snuff by Terry Pratchett. A reread, and while it’s not my favorite Night Watch book, it was still enjoyable. I think the ending is maybe the most depressing one I’ve read in a Discworld book! (Think Nation.)
5. Fangirl! by Angel Lawson. Technically I DNF’d this because, after ranting about it to Clare on Twitter the other week, I couldn’t force myself to continue reading it. Oh well.
5 books I’m planning to read (in the near future)
1. Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. Another Night Watch novel; I saved it for when I went back to work and needed a paperback to bring with me on the bus.
2. Witch Week by Diana Wynne Jones. Yay for rereads!
3. Parasite by Mira Grant. The first book in her new series; see below for more info.
4. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella. Haven’t read a Kinsella book in a few years. Yay!
5. The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin. The first of a trilogy. What’s with all these series, yo?
5 books I need to finish soon because they’ve been on my currently-reading shelf for FOREVER
1. Hild by Nicola Griffith. I’ve been putting off finishing this because it doesn’t come out until October, but
2. The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. I kinda put it on hold because I don’t want to finish the series. I like it too much, and endings are always sad.
3. The Secret Life of Houdini by William Kalush and Larry Sloman. I need to re-check this out from the library.
4. Rags & Bones anthology. Spooky and magical short stories!
5. The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal. Medieval historical fiction! It’s really good, but brutal. Sometimes I need fluff to cushion brutality.
5 books from series that I need to continue
1. Blood Rites by Jim Butcher. Book #6 in the Dresden Files– pretty sure I stopped at book 5? Basically, I’m 10 books behind. Yeesh.
2. Hexed by Kevin Hearne. Book #2 in the Iron Druid series. I really liked Hounded!
3. The Castle of Llyr (The Chronicles of Prydain #3) by Lloyd Alexander. I think I’m missing this book from my collection, which is why I haven’t finished the series yet. Boo!
4. Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold. The next book in the Vorkosigan saga; I’m kinda saving it for when things get terrible at work, though? idk.
5. A Bad Day for Pretty by Sophie Littlefield. The sequel to A Bad Day for Sorry. (See above!)
5 soon to be released books that I’m looking forward to reading
1. Seven for a Secret by Lyndsay Faye. The sequel to Gods of Gotham!
2. Parasite by Mira Grant. This comes out in October! So by my current reading/reviewing schedule, I need to read it by…two months ago.
3. Hero by Alethea Kontis. The sequel to Enchanted! Huzzah!
4. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner. This book has so much buzz around it already I can’t believe it’s not out until December.
5. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake. I haven’t read her other books, but this one’s got Greek gods in it and it sounds awesome.
It’s your turn! Which five books are YOU most looking forward to reading soon?