I have no idea what hour we’re on, but the newest post at the readathon website is for Hour 14, so I’m guessing that’s it! Luckily I’m not too late to do the survey for Hour 13, the halfway point of the readathon.
1. What are you reading right now?
I just started Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married by Marian Keyes. It’s really long (about 600 mass market paperback pages), and I’m not entirely sure I’ll stick with it (should I have gone for one of the cozy mysteries instead?), but I need something cheerful and I love Marian Keyes.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I’ve read three total. I’m aiming for four.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Actually, I’m really looking forward to reading The Boggart by Susan Cooper– I’ve been wanting to read something of her’s that’s not The Dark is Rising sequence– so maybe I’ll sneak that in somewhere during Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope, I just told my parents it was the readathon and they figured out what to do themselves: keep me provided with food and cheer me on when I’ve finished another book.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Nothing that I couldn’t handle, and it was mostly an interesting movie that came on TV. It’s near Halloween, and so all those great kids movies are being played and I can’t resist them (Hocus Pocus! The Addams Family!). They’re probably why my reading’s slowed down since this morning, haha.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How many cheerleaders there are! Much more than last time, I think. Or it just seems like it.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Morning wake-up call? No idea.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
a) wake up earlier
b) keep the TV off
c) check the website every hour to see what activities are going on (instead of every three hours)
d) drink more water
e) do yoga?
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope, but I am getting a crick in my neck!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Do one main post and keep updating that instead of doing individual update posts. It’s much faster, and it’s much more handy for keeping track of things, I think. (I did the individual posts thing last time, and I got really tired of making a new one every three hours. I’m doing one post today, and I’m enjoying updating my progress much more.)
Did you do the survey? Leave a link in the comments and I’ll try to check it out tomorrow!