Everyone else is doing one of these posts, so I guess I should too, huh?
In the afternoon I’m planning on hitting Macy’s, the World Trade Center memorial thingy (maybe), and random bookstores/thrift shops/other dangerous places for my wallet to be in. I may also go to the Teen Author Carnival at 4pm, although I may be too busy staring at skyscrapers to actually make it.
In the evening I’m going to the Empire State Building! Hopefully. Tbh I’m a LITTLE bit worried about navigating the various subway lines. In theory, I know how a subway works. But I’ve never been on one before and I’ll probably get lost a lot. Anyway!
This is the day where I finally have a breakdown. Check this mess out:
- 9:30am: Autographing session with Scott Tracey.
- 10:00am: Autographing sessions with Sarah Dessen (do I need a ticket for this?), Katherine Paterson and Sarah Wendell.
- 10:30am: Autographing sessions with Cindy Pon, Cinda Williams Chima, and Ilsa J. Bick.
- 12:00pm: The Rising Literary Stars of Russia
- 1:00pm: Lemony Snicket’s YA Debut
- 2:30pm: Autographing session with R. L. Stine (which I need a ticket for).
- 3:00pm: Autographing session with Brian Selznick.
- 3:30pm: The World’s Next Big Super Markets
- 3:45pm: Enchanted Inkpot Coffee & Tweet-up (although I may not go to this because eating in front of authors frightens me).
- 4:00pm: Autographing session with Gail Carson Levine.
And then, afterwards:
- 6:00pm: New York Book Week Science Fiction & Fantasy Evening at the NYPL.
So. Yes. Obviously I can’t do EVERYTHING, and in fact there’s probably going to be other stuff going on that I want to go to that I haven’t planned for. It actually was a lot worse before I hardcore pruned it, so I guess I could be even more worried than I am now.
The other days are better:
- 9:00am: The Three Rs of Google eBooks
- 10:30am: Autographing session with Walter Dean Myers.
- 11:30am: Autographing sessions with Bill Willingham, Rick Riordan, and Maile Meloy.
- 1:00pm: Autographing sessions with Lisa Yee and Scott Westerfeld (need a ticket).
- 2:00pm: Autographing session with Eoin Colfer (ticket?).
- 3:30pm: Book Reviews Online
More sightseeing after! I’m not sure where, though. Maybe to go stare at the Statue of Liberty?
- 10:00am: Autographing session with Lisa Mangum and a panel: How eBooks Will Save the Book.
- 10:30am: Autographing session with Nick James (who is way younger than I assumed he’d be, btw).
- 11:00am: Autographing session with Karen Bonnet.
- 11:30am: Autographing session with Maryrose Wood.
After Maryrose Wood I’m determined to spend the rest of the afternoon at the Met until it closes at 5:30pm. I will not be swayed! I MUST see the Egyptian room! MUST.
- 7:00pm: Steampunk Bible
And then I leave to go back home about mid-morning on Friday! I have to leave for the airport in NJ at about 11:30am; I’m thinking I’ll hang somewhere in the morning with my suitcase and people-watch, maybe? Run laps around Penn Station while waiting for my train?
Anyway, see all those big chunks of time where I’m not particularly doing anything? We could hang out then, me and you! We could drink coffee or stare at tall buildings together, or I could try to convince you to take me to more used book stores where I can spend all my money! We could eat dinner together! Drink tea and run away from the bums! We could do so much fun stuff together if only you’d comment or email and let me know you want to meet up~