I meant to post this right when the registration post went up at the BBAW blog, but then I got, I don’t know, performance anxiety or something. And then on top of that I didn’t know exactly which niche my blog fits into— last year I was nominated for Best YA Blog, which definitely fit me a year ago. But looking at my recently posted reviews? I don’t think “YA blog” is right anymore.
I mean, yeah, I still read a lot of YA books. But I’ve definitely gotten more eclectic over the past year, branching out into more genres outside of YA. I’ve been reading literary fiction! Historical fiction! Paranormal romances, military sci-fi, non-fiction, etc. etc. So, then, does Best Eclectic Book Blog fit me better? I’m gonna say “yes,” if only because I don’t feel like an exclusively-YA-review blogger anymore. The balance has definitely tipped over onto other genres, I think.
TL;DR: I’m registering Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog under Best Eclectic Book Blog for Book Blogger Appreciation Week!
My five posts:
1. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
2. It’s Too Late Now: The Autobiography of A Writer by A.A. Milne
3. Preacher vol. 1-9 by Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon
4. White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi.
5. East by Edith Pattou
And there we are! Pretty eclectic, right? At least, I hope it is. Oh, now here comes the doubt again– let’s end this post on a high note. Funny Star Trek gif!
1. My horoscope totally says I need to get over my self-doubt and be proud of my creative outputs, so I assume it’s talking about my blog and BBAW, and how awesome is it that my horoscope actually fits me for once?! The key to getting a good horoscope is to obviously get the ones from the freebie local newspapers, not the ones from magazines because they suck.