OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. I absolutely love anything with a nautical theme. Horatio Hornblower! Pirates of the Caribbean (Commodore Norrington, eeeee)! Even bloody sailor pants: I cannot get enough. I even have a subset of my tea tin collection dedicated solely to tins with ships on them. (This is an especially pretty one, btw.) So of course I had to join this challenge.
1. Read 10 nautical themed books in 2009.
2. You can join at anytime.
3. Overlapping with other challenges is fine.
I’m definitely planning on finishing my Young Hornblower omnibus, and then moving on to the other books. I’ve also got a few books featuring pirates! Yay! I wonder if I can squeeze in the Temeraire books, too; Laurence used to be a Naval officer, plus in the book I’m reading now they’re going to be on a ship for a while. Hmmmm.
1. Throne of Jade – Naomi Novik
2. East Coast Rising Vol. 1 – Becky Cloonan
3. Swallows and Amazons (S&A #1) – Arthur Ransome
4. Swallowdale (S&A #2) – Arthur Ransome
5. Peter Duck (S&A #3) – Arthur Ransome
6. Coot Club (S&A #5) – Arthur Ransome
7. We Didn’t Mean to Go to Sea (S&A #7) – Arthur Ransome
8. Secret Water (S&A #8) – Arthur Ransome
9. Syren (Septimus Heap #5) – Angie Sage
10. The Big Six (S&A #9) – Arthur Ransome
Completed October 22, 2009!