Previously: Year One
Part One: A Survey
Since for my first blogoversary I wrote about why I started my blog (see link above if you’re interested), and since I do monthly “where is the blog going and where has it been” posts, I thought for this one I’d do something different. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, and I’ve finally got my act together and did it. I’ve made this:
For my readership to fill out, you see. I hope it’s not too long, and I hope it’s something that y’all are willing to fill out, because while I have SOME idea of where I-myself am personally going (bookwise, at least) in the upcoming year, I have no idea what y’all expect me to go, or if you have any ideas of where I should go. Because, y’see, a blog isn’t just one person. It’s me, yeah, but it’s also you folks. You’re my readership, and I want us to be partners in this blogging enterprise. Sure, it’s split more like 80-20 instead of 50-50, but it’s still a partnership.
So! I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to fill it out for me. Thanks so much if you do! I’ll post the result in about two weeks, I think.
Part Two: Things I Have Learned Over the Past Year
1. I am more susceptible to flattery that I realized.
2. Posting every day isn’t that hard if I make an effort.
3. I can’t please everyone.
4. I’m (still) not very good at keeping up with comments, although I AM trying.
5. Twitter is fun but it is not the best for some things, and it’s probably okay if I’m not on it every minute of every day.
6. Trying new things is fun but time-consuming.
7. The OED is FTW.
8. I can’t stop myself from buying books even if I don’t have any money.
Part 3: In Other News
- In order to meet my goal of reading 251 books this year (the amount I read last year plus one), I need to read almost 40 books in a little less than two months. Can I do it? Maybe if I stick in a lot of graphic novels…
- The sign-ups for the Book Blogger Holiday Card Swap CLOSE TOMORROW. So sign up now if you want to participate!
Here’s to a great third year of blogging at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog! I’m sure it’ll be amazing!