Usually by the beginning of March I’ve either completely given up any goals I had for the new year or I’m going strong– currently, I’m going pretty strong! I’m a little behind on my reading but otherwise I think I’m doing pretty good. I took blogging/reading breaks when I wanted to, kept up with my reviews, and I even read three chunksters. Yay!
Some nice stuff happened in February. I turned 24! I got a new iPod Touch, to replace the one I lost in January. I love the little camera, especially with Instagram’s filters. I also got new glasses, WAY BETTER glasses than the ones I had before. I love them! They’ve got shimmery things in the frames that make my eyes look really good. I donated about 10 books to a charity. And I finally figured out the best way to pack my stuff so that moving to a new hotel doesn’t cause me undue stress.
My March goals are:
- fiddle with the layout a little bit. Just spruce it up somehow. New color scheme, maybe?
- read and review at least one non-classic public domain book.
- write those two review book reviews from January before I forget everything about those books.
Also, I’m trying out something slightly different for my monthly review. It usually takes SO LONG to put together one of these and I’m not even sure how useful some of the stuff I put in here is, so I decided to mix it up a bit. Let me know what you think!
16 were by authors new to me
1 was a reread
Top 3 Books
024. The Unidentified – Rae Mariz [rating: 4] e
025. Entwined – Heather Dixon [rating: 5] e
026. Shades of Simon Gray – Joyce McDonald [rating: 3]
027. The Wander Year: One Couple’s Journey Around the World – Mike McIntyre [rating: 3] e
028. Flawless – Lara Chapman [rating: 2] e
029. A Drowned Maiden’s Hair – Laura Amy Schlitz [rating: 4.5] e
030. American Gods: 10th Anniversary Edition – Neil Gaiman [rating: 4.5] e *
031. Five Tomorrows – Sarah A. Hoyt [rating: 3] e
032. Wolf Brother – Michelle Paver [rating: 3.5]
033. Fame Fatale – Wendy Holden [rating: 2.5]
034. Dust – Arthur Slade [rating: 4] e
035. My Fair Godmother – Janette Rallison [rating: 3] e
036. Wish – Alexandra Bullen [rating: 3.5] e
037. Who What Wear: The Allegra Biscotti Collection – Olivia Bennett [rating: 3.5] e
038. Goy Crazy – Melissa Schorr [rating: 4] e
039. My Lunatic Life – Sharon Sala [rating: 2] e
040. What Would Jane Austen Do? – Laurie Brown [rating: 3.5] e
041. Haint Misbehavin’ – Maureen Hardegree [rating: 4] e
Not really surprised by the winning option, but I AM surprised at the runner up. Y’all really think used books are gross?!
Check out the polls archive page for past polls and voting results. This month’s poll will be up later today!
161 ebooks (including audiobooks, novellas, short stories, etc.) downloaded. $0.28 spent. ~$704.66 saved.
-> 5 ebooks were read right away.
-> $10.80 used in Amazon gift cards.
41/250 books read towards my 2012 reading goal. 11610 pages read so far with an average of 283 pages per book.
Photos credit: they’re mine! I took them with my iPod Touch. Yay!