Can you believe it? It’s already the end of January! Now it’s February, and I’ll be turning 23 this month, and I’ve been out of school for over a month already, and I’m FREAKED. OUT.
But it’s okay! Because I read some really good books this January, and I’m hopefully getting a temp job soon, and we’re one month closer to BEA! Also, I made cranberry-orange muffins last night, and they’re delicious.
In other news, I’ve done some things around the blog you may not have noticed (because I…didn’t mention them before?). My blogging goals for the next few months are to post every day, do more things to encourage reader participation, and to be more organized in, like, everything.
- There’s a monthly poll on the right sidebar.
- I’ve made a new page for my TBR wishlist, with books that have been recommended (or just mentioned somewhere and sounded interesting). I like looking at other people’s TBR wishlists, so I thought someone might like to look at mine, too! Plus, it’s easier to manage when it’s on my blog.
- Interesting items from my feedreader are shared in the left sidebar.
- Similarly, interesting items from outside of my feedreader are shared through my Delicious thingy in the left sidebar.
And finally, I’ve decided that I’m going to make more of an effort to use my Amazon Affiliate earnings in direct relation to the blog, not my book collection. For instance, some money from previous monthly earnings was deposited into my bank account a few weeks ago, and I’m going to use part of it to host a giveaway or two in February! The first one will be next week, I think, and it’ll be international. Huzzah! So keep your eyes peeled for that if you’re a contest junkie.
11 were by authors new to me
1 (and a half?) were rereads!
08. Daddy Long Legs – Jean Webster
11. Jackaroo – Cynthia Voigt
13. Dust – Elizabeth Bear
01. Inventing George Washington – Edward G. Lengel [rating: Buy it] R
02. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms – N.K. Jemisin [rating: Buy it] e
03. Lockdown: Escape from Furnace 1 – Alexander Gordon Smith [rating: Borrow it] e
04. Walt Disney’s Way – New Word City [rating: Bin it] e
05. The Boxcar Children’s Mysteries #1 – Gertrude Chandler Warner [rating: Borrow it] e*
06. Heidi – Johanna Spyri [rating: Borrow it] e
07. The City of Ember – Jeanne DuPrau [rating: Buy it] e
10. Scrapped Princess: A Tale of Destiny – Ichiro Sakaki [rating: Borrow it]
12. The False Princess – Eilis O’Neal [rating: Borrow it] R
DNF: The Odyssey by Homer
Myself? I’m looking forward to everything!
New blogs added to my feedreader this month:
- Beth’s Book-Nook Blog
- Dreams & Speculation
- The Literary Rapport
- MYSTERIES in PARADISE
- Rebecca’s Book Blog
Top Jan. Commenter: Jenny from Jenny’s Books with a whopping 21 comments. 😀
Many thanks to my other lovely commenters who stopped by to talk to me this month:
Alison | Alita | Amy | Ariel | avisannschild | Beth Connors | Beth F. | Christina | Christy | Claire | Claire | Clare | Courtney | Dani | Darla D. | debnance | Emily | Falaise | Fyrefly’ | Iris | Jay Carr | Jupiter | Kim | Lenore | Libellule | Lisa | Melissa W. | Miss Ash | Nancy Chen | Nicole | Rebecca | Shelleyrae | Tara SG | Tasha | Tif | Vasilly
Plus: Cassandra, Jane, Karly, ME (not “me” as in me, Anastasia. Just…”ME”), and Vijay!
- TSS: New Year’s Goals, On Vacation, Time, Schedules
- Classroom Takeover: Intro, Early 20th Century Children’s Lit 101
- Birdwatching: Theme Parks! Anthropomorphized animals!
- Mount TBR Plan of Action
- On rereading (or not)
- Free (& Cheap) Reads (6)
- Out Soon (February 2011)
19 books added to my TBR wishlist (203 total).