So June was pretty interesting. I think I started off fairly strong, and then quickly fell into procrastination. I also somehow checked out around 30 library books, most of which are still unread– and that simply won’t do. I’ve decided to bring most of them back to the (university) library tomorrow, keeping only those from the public library (they have a shorter due date so I’ll be forced to read them quicker) and the ones I got through inter-library loan (they’re due at the end of the month anyway). I think not having a big stack of library books looming at me will be a good thing, and maybe I’ll even go back to my TBR books like I meant to!
Next Tuesday is the first day of my summer class, and while it looks somewhat fun (it’s British Fiction: Humor) I’m dreading keeping up with the reading. Luckily all the books seem to be short; it’s just the large amount of essays on top of them that I’m worried about.
I’ll talk more about my class on Sunday for the salon, including the reading list!
17 total books read
20 total books reviewed (5 of June’s books)
13 were by authors new to me
0 were rereads!
125. Playing With Fire – Derek Landy (read by Rupert Degas)
126. Runemarks – Joanne Harris %
127. Evil? – Timothy Carter
128. Magic Under Glass – Jaclyn Delamore %
129. Star Trek Memories – William Shatner & Chris Kreski
130. Devil’s Kiss – Sarwat Chadda
131. The Pirate Queen: In Search of Grace O’Malley and Other Legendary Women of the Sea – Barbara Sjoholm
132. The Case of the Missing Marquess – Nancy Springer
133. Around the Bloc – Stephanie Elizondo Griest
134. Incognito Street – Barbara Sjoholm
135. Monster – A. Lee Martin
136. Off the Map – Kika Kat & Hib Chickena %
137. The Salem Witch Tryouts – Kelly McClymer %
137. A Dirty Job – Christopher Moore (read by Fischer Stevens)
138. The Risks of Sunbathing Topless – Kate Chynoweth (ed.)
139. Medina Hill – Trilby Kent
140. Sherlock Holmes: The Hidden Years – Michael Kurland (ed.)
Amazon: $8.34; a very good month! Not as good as the month someone bought an iPod Touch through here, but better than last month ($2.23) for sure.
Indiebound: $0; I’ve NEVER earned anything through Indiebound, and I’ve been using them for nearly the same amount of time as Amazon. I think maybe it’s time to switch to another affiliate. Powell’s, maybe?
Total for the year so far: $34.68
Note: I thought this might be an interesting thingy to add to my monthly review, since I personally am interesting in how much bloggers actually make through affiliate links. Maybe I’m just really nosy? But also because if I didn’t care about affiliate earnings I wouldn’t use affiliate links in the first place– and if I care about it, I should be more transparent about it, right?