I’m not sure what to say about May. Bookwise, I think I did pretty good. I didn’t read as many as I did in April (haha! finals.), but I feel like I read better books, more overall enjoyable ones. Plus, despite constantly raiding the library shelves, I’ve somehow managed to read 10 books from my TBR pile, which is pretty freakin’ awesome. Also, I sold some of my old books! I think I made around $15? Not bad.
My favorite May book: Meeting Faith: The Forest Journals of a Black Buddhist Nun (which I have yet to write a review for).
Last month I said I wanted to catch up on reviews, revamp my layout, and start on my summer reading list. I kind of caught up on reviews, but not really; I didn’t do anything to my layout and in fact haven’t changed my “currently reading” book for about two weeks; and I haven’t started my summer reading list, either. So my goals for June are to actually do the stuff I meant to do in May!
Besides that, I’m going to be judging in the Nerds Heart YA thingy with Danielle of Opinionated? Me?. We’re going to do a split review (or two, maybe), so that should be fun. Are there are bookish events going on in June besides NHY? I feel like I’ve been missing out on blogger stuff lately because I haven’t been on Twitter as much– so what summer events do you think I should know about?
14 total books read
8 total books reviewed
9 were by authors new to me
0 were rereads!
Mount TBR Stats
My numbers have gotten messed up somehow, so I need to do a recount. Corrected stats to be up sometime alter!
111. Changeless – Gail Carriger [rating: 4/5]
112. Rough Guide First-Time Around the World – Doug Lansky [rating: 4.5/5] %
113. Go Your Own Way: Women Travel the World Solo [rating: 4.5/5]
114. Wanderlust and Lipstick: The Essential Guide for Women Traveling Solo – Beth Whitman [rating: 2/5]
115. Darklost – Mick Farren [rating: 3/5] %
116. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County – Tiffany Baker [rating: 4/5] %
117. The Little Lady Agency – Hester Greene [rating: 3.5/5] %
118. Meeting Faith: The Forest Journals of a Black Buddhist Nun – Faith Adiele [rating: 5/5]
119. The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 – Susan Townsend [rating: 3.5/5] %
120. The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole – Susan Townsend [rating: 3.5/5] %
121. True Confessions of Adrian Albert Mole – Susan Townsend [rating: 3.5/5] %
122. Blood of Ambrose – James Enge [rating: 4.5/5] %
123. The Lost Conspiracy – Frances Hardinge [rating: 5/5] %
124. Eyes Like Stars – Lisa Mantchev [rating: 3.5/5] %