Now with fancy headers! Ooooh~
So! A lot of stuff happened in September. Last month I was all “oooh, no more blogging as much! Schoolwork to do! Byeee~” and then I realized that I CAN’T stop blogging a lot because blogging has somehow become my safety blanket. It makes me feel good! It comforts me in the night when the monsters are staring at me from my closet. To give it up even a little bit was sad.
So no more of that nonsense.
Sometimes it’s good to take a step back for a while, though, because now I’m feeling really energetic about my blog and what I can do with it. (It helps that I have ore free time because I…quit my job.) I’ve also finally gotten more involved with other bloggers, both on Twitter and their actual blogs, which is something I’ve been saying I wanted to do for, like, a year now. I’ve made some lovely new friends and reconnected with old friends and it’s been a jolly ol’ time these past few weeks.
Anyway, my goals for October are: get more conversation going on my blog (more discussion posts, maybe?), do Dewey’s 24-hour readathon, and celebrate Halloween somehow. Also, I want to keep commenting on blogs and making new friends!
- I changed my blog’s look and organization several times, and I think it looks pretty nifty now!
- I did an interview swap with Stephanie of Reviews by Lola for Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- I participated in Banned Books Week 2010 by reading Running With Scissors and ranting about people who ban books being stupid.
- I got a Kindle! And now that my skin and case have come in, I’m ready to do my review of it. I’m thinking video review, maybe?
10 were by authors new to me
0 were rereads!
List format, for those who want ratings.
Amazon: $13.40! (Picture proof.) REALLY good, yes. That’s at least…what. Two mass-market paperbacks? Yay!
Powell’s: $0. Still. (Proof.) Hm. Do I need to try another affiliate? Or am I doing something wrong with this one? Probably should Google it, huh?
Total for the year so far: $65.51
Results: My earnings from July got posted, so– whenever my gift card from Swagbucks shows up– I’m buying some Persephones! A Noel Streatfeild and a Frances Hodgson Burnett. SO excited, yes!
Being more involved in the blogging community means that I find new-to-me bloggers, and I’ve been TRYING to keep track of them in my feedreader (under a special “found in sept” folder). I don’t know how well that’s worked out, since I think I forgot to add some people to it instead of the General folder, but, well…here’s who I found during September! (Maybe.)
- Start Narrative Here is a blog done by Jess, an Australian who writes really awesome reviews that I’m jealous of.
- A Home Between the Pages is written by Rachel, who has a semi-colon tattoo on her neck (so cool!).
- Kiss a Cloud which I found through Vasilly’s That’s How I Blog interview!
- Reading While Female is a blog about books written by women! I think I found Emily’s blog through the Book Blogger Hop?
- Tif Talks Books was already familiar with me before September, but for some reason it wasn’t in my reader! Then Tif’s Twitter was recommended to me through Twitter’s recommendation thingy, I followed her, we got to talking, and now I’ve remedied my lapse in thinking.
- With Extra Pulp. How did I find Elena’s blog? I can’t remember! All I know is that I’m glad I did, because I realy like her posts. A LOT.
- Giveaway: TWO copies of The Mental Floss History of the United States (US only, ends Oct. 3).
- An adorable book trailer for Interrupting Chicken.
- A list of books coming out in October.
- Birdwatching: Boarding schools and Norse mythology.
- My first Book Blogger Hop, with the question “When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?”
- A half-assed, poorly disguised rec post for books written before 1923.