Classic Children’s Literature Challenge
Host: Simpler Pastimes
Goal: read as many pre-1960s children’s lit as you want. Also there’s a readalong!
Dates: January 2013
I’m going to aim for five kidlit books, plus the readalong book.
1. Poppea of the Post Office by Mabel Osgood Wright DNF
2. Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery [r]
3. Wet Magic by E. Nesbit DNF
4. The Lost Prince by Frances Hodgson Burnett
5. Half Magic by Edward Eager [r] (switched in for The Borrowers, which I can’t find)
The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald [r]
I’m really excited to be starting off the year with a small(ish) reading challenge, as I think it’ll help keep me motivated to do the bigger (year-long) ones. Like, if I can do this shorter one, I can totally do the longer ones! Yay!
Anyone else going to do a reading challenge/readalong for January? I know there’s several good ones going on, including a rereading one and some other classic-related stuff.