It’s almost time for my roadtrip to California! Yay! I’m bringing my netbook with me this time (I have some job-type stuff I have to do), and I expect we’ll find enough wifi hotspots so I can keep posting as normally. I’m finalizing my various playlists and getting all my stuff together to pack, so all that’s left is to come up with a reading list.
I’m bringing my Kindle, so I luckily don’t have to worry about running out of books to read while in the car. (I’m also bringing a paper book for the beach.) But I think it’s fun to come up with a list of books I want to focus on reading during my vacation! So I have.
Here’s what I’m hoping to read while on my roadtrip:
- iDrakula by Bekka Black (currently only $1.92 at the Kindle store, btw)
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Clementine by Cherie Priest
- Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton
- Dust and Shadow by Lyndsay Faye
- and some Sherlock Holmes stories!
Most of these I’ve had on my to-read list for about a year or so, and I figure it’s time I actually, y’know…read them.
Anyway, since we’re basically going to be in the car for three days (total), I figure I can read all of those books (and stories) at least. And if I need more, I’ve got tons more loaded onto my Kindle! Yay for ebooks~
I do feel like I should have some more classics on that list, though. What’s a good classic book for roadtrips? (Something Mark Twain-y?)
Weekly Book Stats
Books read this week:
93. The Summoning – Kelley Armstrong [rating: 5]
94. The Awakening – Kelley Armstrong [rating: 4] e
95. The Reckoning – Kelley Armstrong [rating: 4] e
96. A Year Without Autumn – Liz Kessler [rating: TBD] R
97. The Magician King – Lev Grossman [rating: 4] R
98. The Unwanteds – Lisa McMann [rating: TBD] R
Books acquired this week:
- Fiction Ruined My Family by Jeanne Darst (publisher).
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (contest win).
I don’t feel like reading anything right now, honestly. 🙁 I’m 7% more into Elliot and the Goblin War than I was before, though.