So this past week has been pretty shitty. Why? Because of reasons. Something went wonky at the PO and two of my packages got sent back– including one that I’m pretty sure won’t be refunded, so I’m out $30. I lost my iPod Touch somewhere in a mall somewhere, and no-one’s going to return it even if I ask on Craigslist. And we might not be getting the condo we want that’s basically perfect for all the things we want/need. Also everyone’s at ALA midwinter and I’m besieged by jealousy.
But! We might still get the condo after all (no news yet), Alita is sending me her signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars (thank you, Alita!), and basically everything on my iPod Touch is replacable (and I wanted a updated version anyway). Plus I’m going to ALA annual! So it’s not TOO terrible. Just mostly terrible.
It’s been so terrible I haven’t even really been wanting to read books, which you know is a bad sign. On the other hand, buying books when I’m blue almost always cheers me up! I’m trying to not buy a buttload of paper books right now since we’re still between homes, but I found a lot of ebooks on sale the other day and I went NUTS with my Amazon gift cards. For $1 a book I won’t even feel bad if the books I bought turn out to suck! But I don’t think they’ll suck. So yay for having new books to read! I listed what I bought below, btw.
What sort of things cheer you up when you feel like a soggy paperback?
Weekly Book Stats
Books read this week:
009. Ghost College – Scott Nicholson & J.R. Rain [rating: 2.5] e
010. The Art of Money Getting – P.T. Barnum [rating: 2] e
011. Planet Janet – Dyan Sheldon [rating: TBD]
Books acquired this week:
- The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood (bought).
- Vesper by Jeff Sampson (bought).
- Entwined by Heather Dixon (bought).
- The Unidentified by Rae Mariz (bought).
- Withering Tights by Louise Rennison (bought).
- Breathless by Jessica Warman (bought).
- American Gods: 10th Anniversary Edition by Neil Gaiman (bought).
- Planet Janet by Dyan Sheldon (bought from a UBS!).
I’m still making my way through Jane Eyre. Hoping to finish it today! I want to read some of the new books I got next.