Surprise! I have blogged every day for almost a three months now. I made it a secret resolution, so secret I don’t think I even mentioned it except for, like, one time. I kinda wanted to see if anybody noticed? (As far as I can tell, nobody has.) But mostly I wanted it to be a personal goal. I wanted to see if I could do it.
And I can! And I AM. And lately it’s gotten very tough.
Trials and Tribulations
- Having caught up on my book reviews, I must think up my own discussion topics. And then I have to turn those ideas into actual posts. Constantly having to come up with ideas and then execute those ideas can be SO tiring.
- My laptop is hateful and doesn’t want me to connect to the internet, which makes it fairly difficult to actually get a post UP.
- I used to write my posts on the weekend, during the mornings. I used to feel productive and accomplished, all before noon. Now I’m writing them during the week, at night. I feel tired and unhappy and also I can’t spell words right.
- Sometimes I write like three posts and they all stink, and I don’t want to post something that stinks just to have posted something.
But, there are also
- Now that I’ve done it for three months, it has become a habit. A habit I like!
- I feel creative! Almost all the time! I’m coming up with post ideas everywhere, even on the bus at 7 in the morning, and it’s great. Brainstorming is my favorite part of any project.
- I am reading more books quicker than I used to, because I HAVE to if I want to have something to review.
- People are commenting more! Yay!
- The positivity I’ve generated with this project has (I feel) bled over into other aspects of my life. Like one of those “think positive” things, only it actually worked.
- It’s fun!
So while it’s tough keeping up the momentum, I do enjoy writing posts and being creative every day. I’m going to keep doing it, too! While I won’t penalize myself if I skip a day of posting, I do want to see how long I can keep it going.
Here’s to another three months!