Remember how last week I complained about having read so many mediocre books? Well. That’s since been fixed!
I don’t know if my mood’s improved and that’s transferred itself into my reading, or if I’m just reading better books overall– probably both– but I’ve been reading a lot of nice books lately and I’ve been reading them fast. I’ve got a lot of free time between classes and since I don’t have much to read for those classes yet, I’ve been using that time to read books. Huzzah!
On the other hand, I’ve been reading so quickly that I’m scheduling review posts for books I read this week to post two weeks from now. I HATE when that happens. I may have to start posting a review a day, instead of just MWF. Ugh.
Books Read This Week:
11. The Shadow Guests – Joan Aiken [rating: 3.5/5]
12. The Floating Island – Elizabeth Haydon [rating: 4.5/5]
13. Barefoot Gen Vol. 1 – Keiji Nakazawa [rating: 3.5/5]
14. Posted to Death – Dean James [rating: 4/5]
15. The Doom Machine – Mark Teague [rating: 4/5]
16. Voices – Ursula K. Le Guin [rating: 4/5]
17. Piratica – Tanith Lee [rating: 4.5/5]
Books Reviewed This Week:
7. The Stolen Blue – Judith van Gieson [rating: 2.5/5]
8. A Crack in the Line – Michael Lawrence [rating: 5/5]
9. Quant by Quant – Mary Quant [rating: 3.5/5]
10. The Wright 3 – Blue Balliett [rating: 5/5]
Dream-Weaver by Louise Lawrence. I bought it at a library book sale a few months ago and have yet to read it. So! It’s a sci-fi YA novel set in space and on non-Earth planets, with psychic aliens! I’ve literally just started it, so let’s hope it’s good.