For the first time in a while I’m feeling overwhelmed with reading choices. For the last few months I’ve been sticking to a pretty heavy diet of library books-TBR pile books-library books, but this month I’ve been getting a lot of review requests for some reason, and now I’m not sure what to read. I’ve got about 20 books out from the library, a buttload of my own books, and about five-ish review books. What should I focus on first?!
The review books aren’t super high priority (most of them haven’t even shown up yet), and I’ve only got three library books due soon. Meanwhile my personal collection is quickly spiralling out of control, and I so wish I could read quicker than I do. Sigh.
Having too many reading choices is actually making me feel a bit stressed, and while I’m trying to read evenly (I read a TBR book yesterday and a library book the day before), I think I’m going to have to take some action. And by action I mean: returning library books I’m not going to get to quickly. Basically.
How do you all balance the reading load? What do you do when you have too many choices (or too many reading responsibilities)?
Meanwhile, I’ve finished my 200th book! My reading goal for this year was 200, so I’m super excited I managed to reach it so quickly. I wonder how many books I’ll actually end up reading by the end of this year?
Also I’m behind on my daily Dracula reading. Also my blogoversary is in 30 days. Aaaah!
Books read this week:
199. Second Foundation – Isaac Asimov [rating: 3.5/5]
200. Foundation’s Edge – Isaac Asimov [rating: 3.5/5]
201. Boneshaker – Cherie Priest [rating: 4/5]
202. The Silver Branch – Rosemary Sutcliff [rating: 3.5/5]
203. The Feng Shui Detective’s Casebook – Nury Vittachi [rating: 4/5]
– Awesome Post Full of Links #6
– Thoughts on Romancing the Stone (1984)
– Discussion: Book reviews and me
– Challenge completed: It’s the End of the World II
– Challenge completed: The Final Frontier Reading Challenge
– Book Trailer Tuesday: A Madness of Angels
– Thursday Tea: October 8 (Boneshaker)