Roald Dahl is one of my very favorite authors. I’ve only read his children’s books, but what lovely books they are: The BFG, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (and its sequel)! And many more that I have yet to get to. My favorite of all the Dahl books I’ve read is probably The BFG, though Matilda is a close second.
To celebrate Roald Dahl Day I’m going to read two Dahl books I haven’t read before: George’s Marvelous Medicine and Going Solo. Going Solo is actually nonfiction, and it’s the second part of Mr. Dahl’s autobiography. I haven’t read the first part of his autobiography (called Boy), but I’m hoping that won’t be a big problem. How are you celebrating Roald Dahl Day? What are some of your favorite Dahl books?
Books read this week:
175. Power of Three – Diana Wynne Jones [rating: 5/5]
176. So Below: Key to the City – Matt Whyman [rating: 3/5]
177. The Ghost Writer – John Harwood [rating: 4/5]
178. The Uninvited – Tim Wynne-Jones [rating: 4/5]
179. Faerie Wars – Herbie Brennan [rating: 4.5/5]
180. Feathers – Jacqueline Woodson [rating: 5/5]
181. The House You Pass on Your Way – Jacqueline Woodson [rating: 4/5]
– A Post Full of Links #2
– New challenge: Countdown 2010
– New meme: Library Loot (#1)
– Another new meme: Book Trailer Tuesday (Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters)
– An old meme: Thursday Tea (King Dork)