1. My finger, which meant sometimes carrying a book around for a half hour before getting back to it.
2. A piece of cloth, usually my pillowcase or a sock.
3. Receipts, the classic non-bookmark bookmark.
4. A piece of candy (still in its wrapper).
5. Pens, pencils, and erasers.
6. Another book.
But I have NEVER
1. Folded down the corner of a page.
2. Ripped the pages I’ve read out of the book.1
3. Used a piece of food, such as a slice of cheese.
What sort of things have you used as bookmarks?
- as I saw a fellow commuter do on the bus one day. Wtf??? ↩