It’s the second day of Bookish Community Love Week, hosted by Erica of The Book Cellar. This week is dedicated to all the amazing people who make being a bookworm enjoyable! For more information about BCLW, check out this post here.
Today’s topic is readers! I decided to write about different non-blogging readers in my life who have affected some part of my bookishness. So!
- S. who introduced me to Diana Wynne Jones
- A. who let me borrow her copy of Carrie in middle school
- various teachers who cultivated classroom libraries and who didn’t mind when I borrowed books and never brought them back. (Sorry!)
- those two freshman in high school who let me borrow ALL THE MANGA
- that girl in one of my medieval classes who berated me for judging her reading choices. Never again will I judge someone for what they read!
- that one professor who forced us to read The Sound and the Fury which lead me to realize that I love modern fiction
- D. for borrowing my old waterlogged copy of The Club Dumas and not giving it back, so I was forced to go out and buy a shiny new copy
Which readers are you thankful for?